Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life With and Without Facebook

Just now I heard a rumor that Facebook will be closed on 15 March 2011. I don’t know whether it’s true or just a hoax, but just let’s imagine if it is true…

Actually the first time I heard that I was thinking of the positive sides, that I don’t need to waste my time kaypoh-ing anybody, that I don’t have reasons to be online for a long time, that I don’t have to be curious if there is any new notifications on my comments or statuses, etc.. I was thinking I’d have a better quality leisure time. Maybe I’d be able to finish some novels left unread, maybe I’d spend some quality time together with friends when I’m bored, etc.. Maybe life will be better without Facebook.

But then, I remembered the fun I had when I uploaded photos of my reunion with friends, wrote those silly captions, posting non-sense comments to each other, etc. Hey, I still have a quality time with them even though we’re apart! Or when we’re feeling down, uncertain about some stuffs, there will be (even though not always) an immediate feedback to our status, to cheer us up and to enlighten our blur perspectives. Not to mention some inspiring notes written by my friends which I won’t be able to have a direct and quick access to them if I don’t have a Facebook account.

So, as long as we use it wisely and efficiently the time, the privacy, and the contents, I don’t think there would be much problem.

A Video for reflection :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBRG_QgEAM&feature=related

No comments: