Friday, January 14, 2011

I, Me, and Myself..

Suddenly, I just feel the urge to write about myself. :P I never wrote anything that much about myself before in this blog, but what I'll be writing might be different from who I was some years ago if you are happened to be my high or junior high school friends, and different from I will be some years in the future. Just consider this as a chance for me to know my self and compare the improvement of me being a human as an individual some years later.

I was born 21 years ago in the month of Christmas, with a red birthmark on my face. My mom believed this affected my confidence when I was around with my peer. At that time, I even didn't realize that was the cause of my shyness when dealing with people, but I guess even without the birthmark I'd be the same, me, the shy, and the quiet little girl, with some sort of high imaginations. There were times I was down and depressed because of some bullies regarding my physical appearance, but as I grew older that thing was not a problem anymore.

During kindergarten, I liked drawing. I entered some drawing and painting competitions and got some rewards from them. Ah, I remember there was this one painting that was printed in a magazine named "Hidup". I think there was a tree, a boat, a sun, some clouds, mountains, and some people there, like a common view of a life in a village. Yes, I enjoyed painting very much that time. I guess it's because I can express freely in colours and sketches, but after kindergarten, my painting career was merely about assignments in drawing class. My interest to drawing is one of the reason I considered Architecture as my major when I was applying for university, and yeah.. now ends up with Civil Engineering, the brother of Architecture. Even though the story of me ending up with Civil Engineering was not as easy and smooth as you could imagine but I'd save it for another chance.

Apart from drawing, I also love writing. I guess I do better in writing than in speaking. I once ever tried to write some short stories but none of them was ever finished. Yes, I'm not really the type of someone who will get the task done right away, even though I look like so. At first, I also thought I was the kind of people who do not procrastinate, due to some common expectations and such, but as I get to know my self... Yes, I'm a procrastinator. I always believe there will always be tomorrow when there's always enough time for everything.

I like to dream. I like to create. Wanna know another reason why I want Architecture? It's because it gives me an opportunity to be creative as well as making money. Wanna know why I choose to be the Event Organizer when going for club's main committee election? Not because I like to organize and plan, it's because I can give ideas in hope to make the event innovative and exciting. That's all. And now, I realize it's wrong. I need more than creativity to survive doing this job. I am forced to be organized and well-planned, and somehow it gives me some pressure one way or another.

I am not the type of motherly girl who likes to be at the house most of the time. Well, I like to be home, but I don't like to stay at the house all day long. And I prefer to go out alone than spending time in my room doing nothing and keep boring. So, don't be surprised if you find me alone walking in some uncommon part of Singapore. I won't be able to do that in Indonesia since I don't have any access to a fine and secure transportation. Honestly, I don't really like the fact that I have to depend on somebody when I want to go out while in Indo.

(to be continued)

No comments: