Monday, July 26, 2010

Gomapseumnida

My melancholic side is dominating at the moment. It's definitely because of a Korean series I just watched, Thank You (Gomapseumnida).

I only put one song in my playlist and set the Repeat : On.

Here is the translation of the soundtrack..

You’re a fool
I truly thank you
You’re true to me and
Gave me everything
You’re an angel
You must be tired and find it hard
To everlastingly believe in someone
Who is a nobody

Strange, it’s like you’re devoid of tears
You smile for me in illness
When I’m next to you

I cry tears of happiness
Words are stuck in my throat
I truly love you
My love for you, which I cannot express
I can finally tell you
I go on because of you

Strange, it’s like you’re devoid of tears
You smile for me in illness
When I’m next to you

I’m feeling very happy
Your smile
Shines on me
A long time from now, when the world ends
Remember, Do not forget
I’m always with you

I cry tears of happiness
Words are stuck in my throat
I truly love you
My love for you, which I cannot express
I can finally tell you
I go on because of you

I remember one scene when the female main character, Young Shin, was offering help to an old woman.

"Grandma, do you need help?"
Grandma nodded.
"Gomapseumnida," said Young Shin.

Why do you think she gave thanks to the old grandma????? Wouldn't it make much more sense if the old woman who thanked her instead???

She thanked her for letting her giving a hand, for accepting, instead of rejecting.

Another scene when Young Shin and Bom's Father, who left them when Young Shin was pregnant.

"Thank you for giving me Bom. She's like an angel. How could I be mad at you when you gave me such an angel..."

Imagine if you were Bom's Mother, have you ever thought that way??? Feeling thankful instead of revengeful to Bom's Father???

The world would be much more beautiful if we can see towards things that way.

Give thanks instead of compalining all the time.

But doing so is never as easy as saying it.

No comments: