Friday, July 2, 2010

Education?

*after browsing some old files*

One year ago...

"Should I join this club? I heard a lot of activities are involved. I'm afraid my GPA would be affected..."

"I don't need part-time work. My bank account is enough for my monthly expenses. I should focus on study.."

"I need to study hard. I'm fighting for straight A+s!"

Those sentences are really, academic-oriented. Well, I might be one of those people. I admit that I am one of the acedemic oriented person. I fight for GPA, but the difference is I don't only fight for it. I'm looking for the knowledge deep inside, which is maybe sometimes forgotten. All we do maybe just memorize all the formula without knowing what the hell that one formula can do. We speculate the questions which have high probability to appear in the exam paper. And, after exam, we forget them all. We wait for our GPA to be released. The result is then released, no matter the result is, but one thing for sure, we don't even know what we have learnt through all semester. We go on to the next level, leaving those behind. As time goes by, things come, things go, but GPA remains. Is this what we call education?

WOAHHH.
Can you believe it? I WROTE THAT ONE YEAR AGO!

One year later..

All I do maybe just memorize all the formula without knowing what the hell that one formula can do. I speculate the questions which have high probability to appear in the exam paper. And, after exam, I forget them all. I wait for my GPA to be released. The result is then released, no matter the result is, but one thing for sure, I don't even know what I have learnt through all semester. I go on to the next level, leaving those behind. As time goes by, things come, things go, but GPA remains. Is this what I call education?

The -trying-to-be-wise-words-but-apparently-not has succeeded to slap its own creator in her very own face.

I know how to be a good Pharisee.

I know exactly how to be a good hypocrite.

But..
It was written one year ago! People changed! Now, I know how to defend myself with some good cliché excuses.

I will try better NEXT SEMESTER! *another 'good' quote*

No comments: