Monday, November 30, 2009

I did not sleep last night

Yeah, I didn't sleep last night. Not because I studied hard till my eyes become panda eyes, like they do now. Not because I hadn't finished the materials. Not because I was so kiasu. No, no, no, no. All I did was just closed my eyes. They are closed. Dark enough as if I was blind. But I was still awake until the sun rose, shining the world with its bright smiles, even though I can't welcome with a bright eyes. They are like pandas now.

It wouldn't be so much trouble if I didn't have any exams today, but it would be so much more trouble if I had my paper at 9am instead of 1pm. For this, I should be grateful. I still managed to sleep from 9am to 11am. A short deep sleep that can bring my brain back to its place like before, that I could do the paper as if I had slept for 8 hours the night before. For this again, I should be grateful.

Actually I opened this fb application this morning and got this thing...

... that today you have a cause for celebration. Today, you should celebrate what an unbelievable life you have had so far: the accomplishments, the many blessings, and, yes, even the hardships because they have served to make you stronger. Just as a gem cannot be polished without friction, nor can a life be perfected without trials. Take a time to acknowledge your life and to praise yourself.

Oh, the timing was just so right. Yeah, now I should celebrate my victory for winning against the panda eyes. The insomnia makes me remember for one once said, that for every obstacles we encounter in our life are not meant to be there at the first time if we are not able overcome it. He wants to show us that we have the strength to go through it all.

No comments: