Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Desires

One must desire something to be alive.
Margaret Deland

He who desires is always poor.
Claudianus

So, the one who is alive is poor? Or the one who is poor is alive?

Why then, can one desire too much of a good thing?
William Shakespeare

because one doesn't posses enough a good thing?

I, my self, may have become poor. Oh yes, I am, but now even poorer. Recently I crave for so many things than you can I ever imagined. In this exam period, I have desires, yes, thousands of them.


I want to go window shopping.
I want to buy new books.
I want to read them in a peaceful spot. (well, like if there is one here..)
I want to go out and watch movies.
I want to go home.
Well,
The thing is...
I just want to escape from this 'golden' cage called 'exam period'.

I'm not hyperbolizing, but everyone here is now struggling in a battle, a battle between life and death, really. I tell you what, in these past three days I haven't gone farther from my hall's canteen which is only 3 mins away from my room!

Like I said before. I'm poor now.
I'm poor of freedom.
In the hunger and thirst of freedom.

I want more.
I desire more.

Why then, can one not satisfies for what he has?

No comments: