Tuesday, April 21, 2009

What I Need is More Than Life Science..

Once I live
My heart pumps
I breathe the air
My blood flows, carries oxygen to my whole body
So I can taste what life tastes like

They say my genes are inherited from my mom and dad
Paternal and maternal, or so-what-they-call-it

They say my cells divide in every 20 hours
In fact, 20 hours of their lifetime gives me life for almost 20 years
And also for the next twenty years
Next twenty and next twenty, and next, next, next..

Until
It stops
Pumping

I'll never know when the time is

That's why
I need more than Life Science

Life Science doesn't teach you how to smile
Life Science doesn't teach you how to laugh
Life Science doesn't teach you how to distinguish smiles and laughter

Life Science doesn't teach you how to cry
Life Science may teach you how the tears come from
But still,
Life Science doesn't teach you how to distinguish the tears of happiness and sadness

Life Science doesn't teach you how to love
Life Science doesn't teach you how to cherish
Life Science doesn't teach you how to care
Life Science doesn't teach you how to share

But,
Through Life you can learn them all
Live your life
and feel it
feel the pain and happiness

What I Need is More Than Life Science...

No comments: