Thursday, April 15, 2010

I heard someone crying, "I'm scared!"

Yes. In the reading room. While I was supposed to study..

I dunno what happened to her, but all that I can conclude is that she was very scared of failing one (or more) of her exams, which is only (or still?) one week ahead. I dunno whether she had tried her best but still couldn't answer past year paper questions, or she had been slacking during the whole semester and just realized that the doomsday is coming! From the way she cried, I assume it's the first case.

*sigh*

It made me think what "sins" has the school or the teacher committed which causes their own students to suffer. Or is it the education system itself. Or peer pressure.

IDEALLY, school is supposed to be the "perfect place" where students can learn new things, get new knowledge. The students are supposed to be happy to study. Why? Simply, because their main duty as a student is to study! Study. Study hard. Study harder. Study. Study. Study. But, in REALITY, most of the students (at least most that I know) spend time complaining about how lazy they are, how tired, so saturated.

*sigh*

I wonder if studying is as exciting as watching movies, life would be so much easier. Can we create that IDEAL world of studying? Where students love to read the textbooks as seriously as reading Harry Potter, or Doraemon.

Exams are coming. Libraries, canteens, benches, they are full of a group of survivors. And somehow, I found a very funny yet ironic fact about exam period. When the term just starts, we (some, not all) find it very hard to even take a look at the tutorial questions, but when exams are already coming, it is even harder to find a place (even just) to study! Get what I mean? Even to find a place to place your thick lecture notes, you have to try harder these days. Even some extra spaces are provided to satisfy the needy.

And now, as my msn pm says "I think I have reached my most saturation point of studying in my life (s0 far...)" And yes, I really mean it. I'm just tired of studying. Maybe I'm just tired of the WAY of studying.

No comments: